Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Some leftover pieces to use

Having cut more motifs than I realised I used them up in an evening clutch bag:

clutch flap
The clutch is made from silk dupion with more lacework cutaway in chiffon on top.
detail

back of clutch
The part I had the most fun with was actually the front under the flap where I did dense free stitching in variegated thread over the silk leaving the motif shapes untouched - ie stitching the negative space.
clutch front
I reckon that technique would look great in a contrasting colour on felt so that the shapes would "bounce out" but I like the subtlety here.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Absolutely stunning Helen! I love the subtlety of the hidden stitching under the flap.

ferinn said...

What lovely leftovers! I like the negative shapes.